Activities in mauricie
Located 90 minutes from Montreal and Quebec, this region will charm you with its natural as well as cultural richness. It invites you to a moment of relaxation and discovery.
GOLF. If you are a golf fan, take advantage of 3 full golf courses in the area : Golf Club Grand-Mère, Golf Club Mémorial,Golf Club Ste-Flore,Golf Club Louiseville,and Golf Club Shawinigan.
Complexe de loisirs Place Biermans
Bar, cinema, game arcades, poo, bowling, restaurant
Proximity: 5 minutes
Canada’s national park in mauricie (15 minutes)
Invites you to an intimate encounter with the Laurentians, this mountain chain that borders the north shore of the St-Laurence river. In this vast plateau covered with hills, interspaced with valleys and dotted with a multitude of lakes, life goes by with the rhythm of nature. This ressourcing place invites to action as well as relaxation. The Parc National de la Mauricie is a an area of forests where it is possible to practice many sports like canoe, kayak, scenery walks, bicycle.
Le Village du Bûcheron (10 minutes).
Phone:(819) 538-7895, (819) 538-2357
One of the touristic jewels of Mauricie. You will explore living in the era of 1850-1950. The 25 theme buildings of the era of the lumberjack will amaze you by their originality and realism. Visits are animated with guides so that you enjoy the time you spend with us. Open everyday from June 15 to september 15, 10h00 am to 17h00.
La Cité de l’Énergie (12 minutes)
Built on an exceptional site that borders the majestic Shawinigan falls, la Cité de l’énergie will make you discover the formidable industrial adventure of Shawinigan for the last hundred years. You will admire the surroundings from a height of 115m by climbing the Observation Tower. The Multimedia Show constitute an amazing experience that is absolutely unique; it is truely a time traveling machine. Visit the stunning permanent exposition and have fun in the interactive temporary exposition. Let yourself get surprised by the marvelous new electrical technologies. Comfortably installed on a river boat of the Cité de l’énergie, let yourself be lulled by the waters of the Saint-Maurice river and the captivating story relayed by our captain.
Ozias Leduc creations
825, 2e Avenue Shawinigan-Sud QC G9P 1E1
Phone: (819) 536-3652
Notre-Dame-de-la-Présentation church holds what is probably one of Canada’s most beautiful frescoes. Discover the magnificent creations of Ozias Leduc in Notre-Dame-de-la-Présentation church.
La Mauricie holds a large variety of festivals and events all year around, as many as 10 of them of international status. More info :www.tourismemauricie.html
· Festivities at Fest-Beach, Lac à la tortue (July-August)
· Summer Festival of Shawinigan-Sud (June-July)
· Les Régates (grand prix) de Shawinigan (June-July)
· Vocal Art Festival of Trois-Rivières (June-July)
· Cap-de-la-Madeleine’s street performers festival (August)
· Plane festival and TOURS Lac à la tortue
More info : http://www.aviationmauricie.com/
· Western Festival at St-Tite (September )
More info: http://www.festivalwestern.com/en/
· The international canoe classic of mauricie (early september) More info: http://www.classiquedecanots.com/
· Annual Shawinigan’s Festival
More info: www.ville.shawinigan.qc.ca
· Vallée du Parc (downhill / cross-country skiing)
· Snowmobile (tracks 23 – M1)
· Skating· Labyrinth in the forest (ice skating)
· La Mauricie National park (cross-country skiing, hiking, etc.)
· Hockey: Shawinigan Cataractes (Junior Majeur)
· Cross-country trails, near the Inn
· Dog sledding (packages available on spot )
· International Festival of Poetry in trois-rivières (october)